favorite this postBIG empty van going to SoCal - cargo space only (WBL)hide this posting
QR Code Link to This Post
I'm driving at the end of APRIL, (or later) to San Diego to pick up some of my household items there. Looking to offset some gas expenses by transporting CLEAN boxed cargo, or household effects, either to SoCal, or parts in between. Van is a late '90s Ford E350, high top, with space for about 350 cubic feet of cargo (5.5 wide by 15 feet long, by 6 feet high). I've made this trip about four times in the last few years, so I know the way.
Some ground rules - sorry, no passengers, as I'll be visiting people along the way, and have my own timetable.
- you pack, and you stack, the same goes for the destination end; you, or someone unloads; I'm just the transporter.
- we agree on an amount, you pay me, then I depart and deliver at the other end (within an agreed upon window)
- pls be reasonable; nothing stinky, illegal or dangerous, just normal household items, or maybe (clean and boxed)
- under the right circumstances, I might be willing to tow a small cargo trailer that you rent and load, (and
dispose of at the other end). Tow hitch and electric connections are fully functioning.
- under the right circumstances I might also be willing to transport a small-ish household animal or pet. Mammals
only, please, and no llamas or orangutans! I'm totally fine with well behaved and trained pets, and I'll care for
them like my own two fat and happy cats.
- do some research with other options, figure out what you can pay, then contact me via CL, with a name and
phone number. I have a good idea of what I need for my efforts; if we're in the same ballpark, then we can do
- if you want/need insurance, then it's on you to obtain it. I'm a sober, serious, older driver (clean DMV record,
old enough to remember the Vietnam war), who just wants to find a way to help pay the gas money for my
road out West. No interest in anything hinky or stupid; you load it up, and I drive to your destination,
unload, then on to mine. Plain as that.
If this offer sounds like an option for you, please get in touch, and we can work out the details,
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers