condition: good make / manufacturer: Sony model name / number: Betcam SP (BVW-50) size / dimensions: 14"L x 12"W x 6"H
QR Code Link to This Post
We purchased the two Sony Betacam SP (BVW-50) decks to digitize a client’s Betacam tapes for use in newer web-delivered training programs. They were excellent for this purpose and performed flawlessly. Prior to this listing I tested all functions with the exception of recording and all were working. I have no reason to believe the record is not working as well. Below is the deck description from the Sony manual.
Betacam SP portable recorder/player with built-in Time Base Corrector. The BVW-50 may be operated as a standalone Recorder/Player/Feed Machine or when interfaced with a 26-Pin cable to a camera system as a field recorder. No cables or original packaging is included.
PRICE IS FOR 1 DECK, TWO ARE AVAILABLE.
Manual available from at the "manualslib.com" site.
• High Video/Audio Quality
• Low Power Consumption
• Front Loading System
• Audio/Video Confidence Playback
• Player VTR Capability via Sony 9-Pin Remote Control Interface
• Built-In Time Code Generator/Reader
• Component and Composite Input/Output
• Character Generator
• Phantom Power Supply
• Large LCD Display
• RCC-5G/10G/30G9-pin Remote Control Cable
• RCC-B5G/B10G/B30GBVR-3 Connecting Cable
• When used with metal particle tape videocassettes, the BVW-50 conforms to the Betacam SP recording format with its wide luminance bandwidth, improved signal-to-noise ratio, and other superior key parameters. When used with oxide tape videocassettes, recordings conform to the conventional Betacam format.
• Although the BVW-50 provides a recording and playback time of over 90 minutes and has a built-in TBC capability, its power consumption has been drastically reduced.
• The BVW-50 incorporates a front access mechanism, and this has enabled the BVW-50 to have a one-piece top panel made of high strength diecast magnesium with no moving parts.
• Confidence playback allows simultaneous playback of audio and video during recording.
• The BVW-50 is provided with a Sony 9-pin remote control interface (RS-422) which allows connections to Betacam SP studio VTRs so that it can be used as a player VTR.
• The BVW-50 is provided with a built-in time code generator/reader.
• Either component or composite input signals can be accepted from a camera head via a 26-pin connector. Composite signals can be accepted via a BNC connector.
• The BVW-50 is provided with a built-in character generator which can superimpose characters on Video Output 2.
• The XLR input connectors associated with all four audio channel inputs provide 48v Phantom powering for external microphones.
• A large 8-bit LCD provides Tape Time, Time Code, and User Bit indications.
• Humidity: 25% to 80% (relative humidity)
• Search speed: Max. +/- 5 times normal speed (with color picture)
• Power requirements: DC 12V
• Operating temperature: 0°C to 40°C (32°F to 104°F)
• Storage temperature: -20°C to 60°C (-4°F to 140°F)
• Power consumption: Save Rec. Mode: 19WPB/EE Rec. Mode: 29W
• Continuous operating time: With one BP-90A: Approx. 180 min. (In Save Rec. Mode)With one NP-1B's: Approx. 170 min. (In Save Rec. Mode)
• Operating weight (including BP-1A battery and S-Cassette): Approx. 8.5 kg (18 lb 12 oz)
• Tape speed: 11.86cm/sec.
• Playback/recording time: More than 90 min. with BCT-90ML
• Fast forward/rewind time: Less than 7 min. with BCT-90MLLess than 2 min. with BCT-30M
• Fast forward/rewind speed: Max. +/- 16 times normal speed (with monochrome picture)
Batteries not included.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers