QR Code Link to This Post
Supervises Boat Department within a BPS or Free Standing Store location to include sales, finance, service, merchandise presentation, inventory control, pricing, sales enhancements, staff selection and development and customer service activities
1. Support a strong commitment to world class customer service and ensure a pleasant and productive shopping experience for all customers.
2. Meet or exceed all financial plans as set by the Company.
3. Execute all Sales plans as directed by the Company.
4. Open and Close the Store.
5. Has "Manager on Duty" responsibilities (BPS locations).
6. Manage Inventory (days on lot, non-currents, used, parts, shrinkage and physical inventory scan results).
7. Maintain product presentation standards for Boat Department or Dealership as set by the Corporate Office.
8. Staff the Boat Department with "service" oriented associates; participate in interviewing and selection, coordinate training, prepare / approve performance appraisals, recommend merit / promotional increases, prepare weekly work schedules and coach and motivate associates to promote positive customer relations and a productive team-oriented work environment.
9. Resolve customer and associate issues; consistently strive to improve CSI scores.
10. Perform Supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Company's policies and applicable laws, including: interviewing, hiring & training, planning, assigning and directing work; measuring and evaluating performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience
Minimum of 3-5 years in Retail Management or management experience within the boating industry
Mathematical Skills / Reasoning Ability
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, commissions and percentages
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
Ability to interpret a variety of other financial, legal and technical information
Ability to read and analyze certain reports, write reports and business correspondence
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from Managers, associates, customers and the general public
Ability to conduct meetings and presentations to groups
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Proficiency with PC-based word processing, spreadsheets, data based management and electronic point of sale and inventory management systems
Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, associates, customers and with the Corporate Staff
Demonstrated use of Team concept of Management