The Ordway: The Ordway, recognized as one of the U.S.’s leading not-for-profit performing arts centers, is home to a wide variety of performances throughout the year that encompass the finest in American musical theater, world music, dance, and vocal artists. Performances take place in the 1,900-seat Music Theater and a new 1,100-seat Concert Hall. The Ordway is committed to providing a welcome and inclusive environment for all patrons, artists, and employees.
QR Code Link to This Post
Position Purpose: The Stage Door and Front Lobby Attendant is responsible for providing a safe and secure environment for employees, performers, patrons, vendors, renters, and contractors.
• Posting Date: 11/11/19
• Closing Date: This position will remain open until the Ordway has seen a diverse pool of candidates
• Employee Type: Part-time (approx. 16 hours/week), Nonexempt
• Schedule: EVERY Saturday AND Sunday 8am - 4pm
• Department: Security
• Reports to: Security and Housekeeping Director
Key Performance Areas:
• Monitor and review the Ordway’s buildings and grounds to ensure they are safe and secure.
• Project the image of the Ordway through actions and behaviors at the Stage Door and Front Lobby.
• Complete tasks at the Stage Door to ensure efficient and productive daily operations.
• Extinguish any security incidents, and in the event of an elevated security incident, notify higher authorities to ensure the safety of staff and patrons in Ordway facilities.
• The Ordway is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and inclusive excellence of the organization through their experience and skill set.
• Reliable transportation required.
• Successful candidates must be committed to working with diverse community populations.
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• Associates Degree in Criminal Justice or Law Enforcement desirable
• Two years of previous building security experience preferred.
• Ability to work evenings and weekends required.
To Apply: For more information or to apply, visit ordway.org/employment.
Ordway is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, marital status, familial status, public assistance status, age, local human rights commission activity, national origin, and veteran, or disability status. The Ordway Theater and administrative office are wheelchair accessible and service animals are welcomed. All applicants who have questions or needs regarding access accommodations or interpreting assistance for job interviews are encouraged to reach out to Human Resources.
We know there are great candidates who may not fit into the criteria we’ve outlined here, or who have important skills we haven’t listed. If that’s you, please don’t hesitate to apply anyway and tell us about yourself.