Founded in 2001, Nihilent Inc. specializes in providing Enterprise Transformation Consulting, Digital Transformation, Business Intelligence; Data Science, and Enterprise IT Services. Nihilent's established Business Intelligence and Data Science practices help decision makers drive business performance, while also enforcing corporate governance. It is a dynamic, innovative company recognized as one of the fastest growing companies by Inc. 500/5000 and winner of Minnesota Business Magazine's 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2014 and 2015. If you enjoy challenging projects with Fortune 1000 companies, working with cutting edge technology, and want to learn from the best, then Nihilent may be the right fit for you.
Summary of Responsibilities
Performs Human Resources and office management (Administrative) related duties at the professional level and is responsible for all of the following functional areas: recruiting, employee relations, benefits, compensation, training, payroll, legal compliance, and office management for all US entities.
• Partners with employees and management to communicate and ensure compliance with various Human Resources policies, procedures, laws, standards and government regulations.
• Recruits, screens and interviews candidates for professional and technical job openings.
• Manage Technical Recruiter for all US entities
• Conducts new hire orientation and processes the required paperwork related to benefit enrollments, 401k plan, and immigration including: H1B and L1 visas and Permanent Residence processing.
• Reviews and processes payroll and expense reports on a bi-weekly basis with ADP.
• Responds to employee relation issues such as employee complaints, harassment allegations, and civil rights complaints.
• Facilitates and/or provides training to the team.
• Maintains and coordinates employee recognition programs.
• Conducts exit interviews, analyzes data and makes recommendations to the management team for corrective action and continuous improvement.
• Administers compensation program; monitors performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
• Performs benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment, and communicating benefit information to employees.
• Establishes and maintains department records and reports. Participate in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings, such as employee meetings. Maintains company organization charts and employee directory.
• Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partner with outside legal counsel as needed/required.
• Provides day to day performance management guidance to line management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
• Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Handles all daily activities related to office management
• Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management, or a related field.
• 5+ years of experience in Human Resources Management.
• Background in employment law and other government compliance regulations.
• Familiarity with FMLA, ADA, EEOC, Workers Compensation, etc.
• Ability to objectively coach employees and management through complex, difficult, and emotional issues.
• Must have the ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using judgment that is in consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation or government law.
• Ability to solve practical problems and to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
• Ability to organize and prioritize work.
• Strong communication skills both verbal and written
• Be self-directed and motivated.
• Take initiative to identify and anticipate employee needs and make recommendations for implementation.
• Prior experience with H1B visa and Permanent Residence processing
• PHR or SPHR certification
• Previous experience in supporting IT consulting organization
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers