Independent Living Skills Specialist
QR Code Link to This Post
The role of the Independent Living Skills (ILS) Specialist is to assist clients with increasing their independence and self-sufficiency within their community. Make your own schedule, independent work environment. No experience necessary. Lots of promotional opportunities.
*Must be able to pass a background study and have a driver license and an insured vehicle.
Examples of work performed with clients include but is not limited to:
• Finding and accessing community resources (food shelves, housing, employment, etc.), budgeting and financial management (bill pay, balancing accounts),
• Household management (grocery shopping,
• Meal planning/preparation, sales/coupon use, etc.),
• Community integration/socialization, symptom management, etc.
• It is preferred that ILS Specialists have at least 1 year of experience working with individuals with disabilities and/or mental health diagnoses.
Salary: $15 per hour
• Benefits for Full-Time staff include:
• Affordable and comprehensive health insurance, dental insurance, long-term disability
• 401k with employer match; access to AFLAC supplemental insurance programs;
• Direct Deposit; PTO
• Bereavement pay
• 2 weeks of paid time off following the birth or adoption of a child
• Holiday pay
• Referral Bonuses; increased wages at 1 year of service; mileage and phone reimbursement; advancement opportunities with rapidly growing agency
• YMCA Corporate Wellness Program.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, or status with regard to public assistance.