RESEARCH VOLUNTEERS (2) WANTED FOR TWO PROJECTS
QR Code Link to This Post
Two Positions: Take your choice (you can work from anywhere whenever you want) and
can quickly turn into paid position, one of them cofounder role, both director title possible after one month
1) One position is for a new concept mobilizing tech/app (WinWisely) for fighting to achieve climate, economic, healthcare, and education justice and
2) The other for developing a new and better PTSD assessment tool
POSITION 1: WinWisely Research and Outreach (potential Director title):
We need a part time (10-20hrs/wk) Research/outreach person (Director title after 8 weeks) to help pioneer a new concept mobilizing app, already in advanced development stage, to solve our nation’s and the world’s most urgent challenges. If you know your American social history enough to know that this quote nails what we most need now, you probably will love this position and realize it could have far more leverage impact than volunteering with any particular campaign:
"In the battle between the forces of good and evil, greed and compassion, there is only one thing that has consistently made the difference -- organizing." -- Kurt Vonnegut
So we are focused on developing the breakthrough in nonviolent mobilizing that could enable all progressive campaigns to finally win!
We are almost finished developing an app powerful enough to recruit and commit 1M Americans to be willing to risk arrest doing non violent direct action to keep fossil fuels in the ground, and millions more to support them and/or conduct an effective national general strike for Medicare for all, canceling most student debt, public funding of elections, etc
We’re all nonpaid at the moment but you will get paid once we find funding which we believe is very close, since we are already well advanced
Helping us research known potential donors
Helping us find potential additional activist oriented programmers
Helping us find right campaigns to betatest
Open to your own suggestions
1) Email me with your own email address and phone included, and we will send you the detailed JD, which you can also find on our site, but is not in stone. CL does not permit urls, but hopefully you can figure it out.
2) PLEASE include a resume and in cover letter describing “why us?” and your motivation and highlights of relevant experience
POSITION 2: PTSD Assessment Tool Researcher
Doctoral or Other Researcher for PTSD Assessment Tool Development
I'm a PhD psychologist working with a startup needing to hire ideally a grad student doing a dissertation on PTSD assessment, or a post doc with PTSD assessment knowledge, or otherwise a good researcher or programmer with experience doing assessment tools to develop a matrix of trauma types, and then the depth & breath of questions—a sophisticated assessment instrument-- needed for a systematic wellness assessment for each component of the matrix.
Bottom line: We want to produce an assessment tool that we can argue, a’priori, would be demonstrably better than what now exists.
One approach (and we welcome your own) suggested by our CTO is this:
I would think this is going to be 20 plus questions, with branching based on the responses to earlier questions. So if you have 20 questions with an average of 3 responses, that is 8,000 possible results (not counting branching permutations) and we need an algorithm to weight the questions, so we come up with 4 categories:
highly likely, likely, not likely, and highly unlikely to have PTSD.
If we split that into a military and non-military version and also add a younger person (13 to 18) version we are talking about a good month of work, unless you can find where some of much of this has already been done somewhere.
We need this ASAP (ideally no later than May 25, though negotiable), and if it leads to funding, your gig could turn into a regular PT position, as well as giving you a great lab of 1000s of users for your dissertation.
Location: you can be anywhere
Negotiable depending on your experience, contacts, and needs. Keep in mind, however, we are just a startup, barely funded.
1) send cover letter indicating your direct email, and describing your motivation and why you feel you would be right for this. Specifically, indicate
• what knowledge your might already have of PTSD assessment tools,
• or any research you’ve already done in this area,
• and any highup contacts you might have in the PTSD assessment, research, or treatment fields.
2) If you are able to incorporate this into your degree work, all the better. Please indicate if you are able to
somehow verify this.
3) Feel free to make suggestions and provide any other information.