The volunteer role provides patient care and support services, according to his/her experience, training, and in compliance with organizational policies.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Serves as an integral member of an interdisciplinary group amid various settings: home care; respite; inpatient; bereavement; and/or administrative; and office duties.
2. Participates in general orientation.
3. Serves the patient and family/caregiver under guidance from the Volunteer Coordinator, Case Manager, or as part of the administrative team.
4. Serves as a substitute family/caregiver in the home performing activities that the volunteer has been prepared for and agreed to perform. The volunteer may do homemaker chores, such as light meal preparation, run errands, and provide respite care as well.
5. Complete documentation as educated and instructed, while maintaining confidentiality.
6. Meets all health requirements as defined/set by Moments Hospice.
7. Provides availability on a regular basis and/or keeping and/or keeping with the patient and family/caregiver needs.
8. Participates in volunteer support groups, team building events, and/or educational in-services.
9. Maintains open communication and reports regularly to the Volunteer Coordinator.
10. Assignment of other duties (as needed) directed by the Volunteer Coordinator.
11. Participates in quality assessment performance improvement teams and activities.
12. Participates in interdisciplinary group meetings, as appropriate.
1. Mature individual, supportive of the hospice concept, comfortable with his/her own spirituality and willing to serve others in a volunteer capacity.
2. Surviving family members: must meet one year waiting period after patient’s death before participating in direct patient care or public relations activities.
3. Successful completion of the Moments Hospice volunteer training and orientation program.
4. Previous volunteer experience may be helpful.
5. Ability to work within the interdisciplinarity group.
6. If making home visits, the volunteer must be a licensed driver, with an automobile that is in good working condition, insured accordance with the state’s laws, and in compliance with Moments Hospice organization’s requirement.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers