The Electrical Engineer Technician will undertake a principal part in the development and testing of new medical device products and assist the support and maintenance of existing products with a minimal amount of direction from engineering staff.
Flexible work schedule: 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM or 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM. Monday - Friday.
Essential Job Functions:
• Plan and direct the assembly and test of components and prototypes to obtain data for development or to investigate design change proposals for improving product performance.
• Analyze test results and implement modifications or adjustments in order to improve design, testing or manufacturing processes.
• Review proposed changes to assigned projects and/or product lines and approve changes after being deemed suitable.
• Assist the Program Manager with providing work direction and support to Engineering Technicians to ensure project goals and objectives are met.
• Ability to work semi- independently; Follow Project Engineer direction while displaying positive behavior,
• Knowledge to include prototyping, debug and test; Utilization of all appropriate test gear.
• Generate CR/CO, test plans & reports, with some supervision/oversight.
• Discuss layout and assembly procedures and problems with Program Manager and/or Project Leader(s) and draw sketches to clarify design details and functional criteria of electronic units.
• Assemble experimental circuitry (breadboard) or complete prototype model.
• Recommend changes in circuitry or installation specifications to simplify assembly and maintenance.
• Write advanced technical reports and develop charts, graphs, and schematics to describe and illustrate system's operating characteristics, malfunctions, deviations from design specifications, and functional limitations.
• Read schematics, assembly drawings, data sheets, and process sheets and receive verbal instructions regarding work assignment.
• Use computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks.
Required Education & Experience:
• Associate's Degree in Engineering Technology or equivalent technical Degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 0-4+ years of relevant work experience
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Proficient in MS Office.
• Self-Starter; Organized; Detail-Oriented; Multi-tasking & Time Management.
• Results-Driven; Initiative; "Can-Do" Attitude; Customer-Focused.
• PCB design experience including schematic capture and board layout.
• Experience using PCB design software (Altium experience is a plus)
• Assemble experience
• Experience working on microcontroller based systems.
• Knowledge of software used to control test systems such as LabView or Python
• Previous medical device experience a plus.
• Sit/stand/walk 8 hours per day.
Apply below to be redirected our website or visit us at www.nonin.com/careers