QR Code Link to This Post
The purpose of the Animal Care Technician is to provide animal care for preclinical animals.
**MUST BE COMFORTABLE AROUND ANIMALS**
- Responsible for daily maintenance of animal health and husbandry
- Follow all SOPs and observe safety practices
- Clean all animal housing areas daily
- Provide enrichment to animals daily including exercise, toys and social housing
- Disinfect each housing area weekly to include walls, flooring and feed bins
- Feed all animals according to department SOPs
- Maintain cleanliness and organization in all areas of the lab
- Responsible for receipt of department deliveries
- Communicate all health status issues immediately to Veterinary Staff
- Document all activities in animal records and forms daily using Good Documentation Practices
- May assist Veterinary Technicians and Veterinarians as assigned by Manager
- Communicate any facility maintenance required to Manager
**Please note: Animal Care activities include weekends**
Quality Systems Duties and Responsibilities:
Build Quality into all aspects of their work by maintaining compliance to all quality requirements.
** High school diploma or GED
** A CVT is not required and industry experience is a plus!