Are you looking for a technical role in the Clinical Laboratory space?
QR Code Link to This Post
Eurofins VRL Inc. is searching for a 3rd Shift Laboratory Technologist in Minneapolis, MN.
3rd Shift Laboratory Technologist responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Following prescribed procedures, performing any of the tests within any of the laboratory specialties. Calculating the results of the tests performed in necessary
· Operating, calibrating, conducting performance checks, and maintaining any laboratory analyzers or equipment
· Recognizing and correcting basic analyzer malfunctions. Notifying management personnel when appropriate
· Preparing reagents or media from a prescribed procedure
· Evaluating media, reagents, and calibrators according to established criteria
· Conducting established quality control procedures on analytical tests, equipment, reagents, media, and products. Evaluating results of quality control and implements corrective action when indicated
· Determining performance specifications for new methods
· Confirming and verifying results through knowledge of techniques, principles, and analyzers
· Monitoring quality assurance/continuous improvement programs
· Monitoring safety programs in compliance with laboratory regulations
· Utilizes laboratory information systems or other methods to accurately and effectively report patient results
· Writing laboratory procedures conforming to standardized format
· Reporting test results conforming to established procedures
The ideal candidate would possess:
· This laboratory carefully maintains all hazardous materials. All employees must abide by VRL’s Safety and Exposure procedures. This includes using the provided safety clothing and equipment
· For a list of potential chemical hazards, see appropriate MSDS sheet
· Knowledge of the principles, methods, materials, equipment, and techniques of medical technology
· Knowledge of the principles of chemistry, biology, and bacteriology as related to medical technology
· Some knowledge of recent developments in the field of medical technology
· Ability to instruct subordinate technologist in areas of medical laboratory testing
· Ability to perform assigned tasks according to prescribed procedures and to make accurate observations and records of tests results
· Skill in the use of medical laboratory equipment
· Analytical thinking and communication skills
· Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
· Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
· Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory science, or medical technology from an accredited institution
· Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, third shift, Wednesday through Saturday from 9:00 pm - 7:30 am, with overtime as needed. Training will be for eight weeks on first shift. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Minneapolis, MN are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website www.eurofinsus.com.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.