Erik's Bikes, Boards and Skis. That doesn't mean we just sell those products, that means we DO those sports. Our staff are outdoor enthusiasts, trail maintenance advocates, long distance bike packers, commuters, trail riders, and weekend racers. We bring the same passion for excellence and high performance that we have for our favorite sports to work with us.
If you want to spend every day surrounded by people who love what you love and products you can't wait to try out, then apply for a position with Erik's. On top of a fantastic employee purchase program, we have long-term growth opportunities, competitive wages and a comprehensive insurance package that includes: Medical, Dental, Short/Long Term Disability, Life, and 401(k).
Erik's NEEDS people with a passion for the sports we sell and the lifestyle that goes along with them. Erik's WANTS people with outstanding people skills, high-energy, the ability to problem solve, proven management and staff development skills, market expertise, as well as the ability and willingness to strive in a High-Performance environment.
The Assistant Store Manager is responsible for assisting the Store Manager in performing assigned duties to ensure efficient operations of an Erik's Bike Shop retail store.
This position requires the ability to lead and guide sales and service staff in providing exceptional and knowledgeable customer service while driving towards the store's performance goals.
The primary responsibilities and areas of impact of this position include, but are not limited to:
• Utilize sales training to achieve a high level of personal sales.
• Ensure the store is properly merchandised to plan and present a clean and welcoming appearance.
• Act as a role-model in promoting Erik's mission, values, and standards.
• Responsible for the completion of opening and closing procedures as scheduled.
• Ensure store policies and procedures are adhered to and operations are efficient and safe.
• Assist Store Manager with completing physical inventory and scheduling as needed.
• Create and maintain relationships with all Erik's staff and vendors.
• Continually attend training sessions to enhance product knowledge.
• Assist the Store Manager is coaching staff to improve customer service and sales.
• Three years of retail sales experience.
• Ability to act as a team leader and assist and train store employees.
• Excellent sales skills and a strong customer service focus.
• Ability to multitask and work with many customers at one time.
• Knowledge of computers and technology.
• Dedication to get the job done.
• Ability to be mobile on the sales floor for extended periods of time.
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs while utilizing appropriate equipment and safety techniques.