compensation: Competitive Pay with Exceptional Benefits employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Dynamic Opportunity with Outstanding Growth Potential
We Also Offer:
9 Paid Holidays
20% Rent Discount for IRET rents
Volunteer Time Off each Quarter
Medical/Dental Benefits – 1st of Month after 60 days
401k match up to 5% – After 6 months
Come join our growing team of Service Team Leads!
We are looking for someone who is passionate about Property Management and desires the opportunity to expand their Management skills with our growing company. As a Service Team Lead, you would have a vital role in the success of your property with full responsibilities for minor and major repairs of mechanical or aesthetic issues.
About IRET: IRET was founded in Minot, North Dakota, in 1970. You can find our corporate offices located in Minneapolis, Minnesota and in Minot North Dakota, along with onsite operations in eight states. From Denver, CO to Minneapolis, MN, our company continues to grow throughout the Midwest, proudly providing apartment homes to thousands of residents, extending our vision to be the premier provider of apartment homes in vibrant communities by focusing on integrity and serving others. IRET is built around our employees. Our Mission and Vision unites our employees as one team.
Responsible for minor and major repairs of mechanical or aesthetic issues; general building preventive maintenance; maintaining the environmental conditions of spaces; maintaining accurate levels of inventory related to the building’s mechanical systems; know and perform individual emergency procedures and duties as dictated by the site emergency procedure manual, either personally or through other maintenance staff.
Requires little supervision. Self-directed and self-motivated. Requires personal initiative and mechanical ability. Able to follow instructions, prioritize duties, and comply with deadlines. Assists others in prioritizing and setting deadlines. Expected to be a mentor and resource to other maintenance staff.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
• Oversees and directs daily activities of assigned team members.
• Contributes to coaching, discipline, and the supervision of assigned team members with oversight and partnership of Community Leader.
• Trains new staff on job duties, policies, and procedures.
• Recommends employees for participation in internal and/or external educational and training programs, and maintains mandatory training and licensing records for staff.
• Completes quality control checks of service completed by team members.
• Demonstrate proficiency and respond appropriately to the building automation and security (including card access if applicable), fire, life, and safety systems.
• Select and monitor service providers/vendors to ensure services delivered are the most effective and efficient for the property.
• Perform general building preventative maintenance to ensure equipment is safe and effective for use, and down time with equipment meets or exceeds established specifications.
• Serve as a key contact between community leaders, operations managers, general managers, and tenants.
• Provide assistance to the Community Leader to ensure that tenant improvements are accurate and address concerns with appropriate contact, such as construction or tenant.
• Assist outside contractors with major inspections.
• Apply current knowledge or devise creative solutions to proactively resolve issues.
• Service and monitor the HVAC equipment.
• Maintain the environmental conditions of spaces to ensure the tenant and common space environments are acceptable for optimum use.
• Maintain sufficient technical and industry contacts and knowledge.
• Perform preventative maintenance on:
o Doors, locks, and hardware
o Wall treatments
• Complete minor and major repairs of mechanical or aesthetic issues to ensure the property is optimally functional, presentable, and safe.
• Perform minor and major HVAC maintenance, such as replacing motors and bearings.
• Paint and/or wallpaper assigned areas and perform minor repairs to applicable areas.
• Monitor and maintain tools.
• Perform assigned duties as prescribed in safety manuals.
• Respond to test situations accurately.
• Participate in after hours on-call programs.
• Utilize any tools and/or processes implemented by the organization to assure adherence to quality standards.
• Participate in capital improvements.
• Completes pre-moveout and moveout inspections.
• Responsible for scheduling apartment turnovers in advance to achieve completion within five days of moveout (average).
• Maintain operating logs and record temperatures, pressures, and chemical level of heavy equipment such as chillers and boilers.
• Complete reports and perform various administrative duties to positively support completion of activities and projects.
• Maintain accurate levels of inventory related to the building’s mechanical systems to ensure optimum levels of inventory are on hand and readily accessible when needed.
• Purchase parts and supplies from vendors; review pricing for competitive rates for parts, services, and supplies.
• Stock items when received.
Cleaning – Schedule or Perform:
• Clean up vacant areas.
• Remove debris from the building and grounds.
• Provide backup for Community Porter.
• Know and perform individual emergency procedures and duties as dictated by the site emergency procedure manual and the safety manual to ensure that actions promote the safety and security of the employees, occupants, and structures, and correct actions are demonstrated in test situations and actual emergencies.
• Promptly respond to all emergency situations, fire alarms, and natural catastrophes.
• Study and know the site-specific emergency manual(s).
• Assist tenant and emergency personnel in swift and careful evacuations when appropriate.
• Communicates regularly with management, vendors, equipment repair, maintenance, and tenants for day-to-day operational issues.
• Participate in continuous improvement/quality initiatives and identify improvements to, and/or develop new, products, services, or processes to result in the discovery of more efficient and effective methods and/or new offerings.
• May assist with groundskeeping duties such as mowing, weed control, tree/shrub trimming, depending on the property and need.
• May be responsible for snow removal such as shoveling snow and de-icing walkways, etc, depending on the property and need.
• Assist and/or back up coworkers.
Responsibilities include 60% property maintenance, 25% community cleaning, 10% customer service, and 5% business administration.
If expected to carry a mobile phone, eligible for a monthly reimbursement or IRET issued phone, according to company policy. May have access to a shared company vehicle. Eligible for mileage reimbursement, according to company policy, when no IRET owned vehicle is available.
Some local travel may be required.
Education & Experience
• Required: High School Diploma, or equivalent. 3-5 years’ maintenance experience.
• Preferred: Trade school education. EPA, CPO and/or boilers operator’s license. HVAAC, electrical and plumbing certifications or licenses.
• Certifications and/or Licenses: Have or willing to attain EPA, CPO, and/or boiler operator’s license as required.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Language Skills – Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, MSDS sheets, and procedural manuals. Ability to communicate effectively with supervisor, tenants and vendors.
• Mathematical Skills – Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide. Calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, ratios, circumference, and volume.
• Reasoning Ability – Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Computer Skills – To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to efficiently use and navigate on the internet and use web-based timekeeping software. Experience with work order systems beneficial.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required:
• Constantly (66-100% of the time) - to be on feet, stand, walk; bend, stoop, squat, kneel; use hands and fingers to grasp, grip, turn and feel; reach above shoulders, push, pull, lift and carry; operate equipment and tools; climb stairs and ladders; balance; and talk and hear or effectively and safely communicate. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Lift or move up to 25 pounds.
• Frequently (33-66% of the time) - lift and/or move up to 75 pounds, write reports and drive vehicles.
Occasionally (1-33% of the time) - sit; lift and/or move more than 75 pounds, although usually with the assistance of another employee and/or equipment.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers