Are you looking for a fun and fast-paced position in customer service where you can be part of great team? We offer a generous benefit package including health insurance, dental, vision, uniforms, and paid time off! Our office is located in the heart of northeast on the most beautiful street in Minneapolis.
QR Code Link to This Post
The key responsibility of the Front Desk Coordinator is to manage the first impression of the practice for all patients and guests. As the Front Desk Coordinator is the usually the first interaction a patient or guest has with the practice, displaying the brand value and reputation is of highest importance.
The Front Desk Coordinator is responsible for welcoming all new and existing patients and guests to the practice. This may occur via front desk reception, telephone, email, etc. The Front Desk Coordinator ensures efficient patient flow within the practice and maintains a full appointment schedule.
The Front Desk Coordinator will check-in and check-out patients and be responsible for collection of patient fees at time of service.
The Front Desk Coordinator is responsible for maintaining the reception area in a way that is consistent with the practice’s brand.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Front Desk Coordinator
• Greet and check in patients for appointments
• Answer the phone and provide accurate information about products and services offered.
• Ensure smooth flow of patients through the clinic.
• Direct callers to the appropriate office staff.
• Document patient/doctor communications in electronic health record (EHR)
• Make and confirm patient appointments.
• Make appointment reminder calls. Assist patients who call with questions. Answer billing questions.
• Collect payments, enter transactions into medical software.
• Return phone calls from patients.
• Gathering insurance information from patients.
• Verify insurance eligibility and benefits for patients, and accurately explain benefits to patients.
• Review charges and submit insurance claims to billing service.
• Prepare pre-exam forms and open visits in the electronic health record (EHR) for patient visits.
• Data entry of patient information.
• Maintain clean and orderly reception area.
• Perform opening and/or closing duties.
• Maintain office supplies.
• Order and dispense contact lenses.
• Assist with special assignments or projects as needed.
• Demeanor – maintain a friendly and warm personality in interactions with patients and staff
• Focus on service to others – ability to prioritize the needs of patients/customers and to be a team player
• Positive attitude – maintaining a positive attitude, keeping the best interest of the patient, co-workers and the business in mind during your day-to-day interactions is essential
• Professionalism - communicate in a professional, ethical, and confidential manner with patients; maintain patient confidentiality; communicate professionally with vendors and other team members
• Organization – ability to follow through on tasks to completion and manage several tasks at once
• Accuracy/Attention to Detail – placing contact lens orders, documenting prescriptions, documenting conversations, etc
• Loyalty – to the doctor and the practice
• Multi-tasking – the ability to prioritize and juggle multiple patients/tasks at once
• Practice Admin