compensation: $21 Per Hour. Plus a $1 Per Hour Shift Differential employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Are you looking to advance your career in manufacturing? Check out this opportunity!
****American Converters is looking for a highly motivated individual to serve as a 2nd shift production team lead.
We are not your typical "foam fabricator," our niche is our versatility. We have the widest variety of products, the most flexible operations and state of the art equipment and technology in every area of our company.
* Job Title: Working Production Team Lead
* Compensation: Up to $21.00 per hour, based on experience.
* Shift Differential: $1.00 per hour for 2nd shift.
* Working Hours: M-F from 2:30pm to 12:00am.
Benefits and Bonuses
~ Medical, Dental & Visions Offerings.
~ Competitive Earned Time Off (ETO).
~ Multiple Employee Incentive Programs with Quarterly Payouts.
~ 401(k) Plan Available.
~ Organizational Culture - Boasting a positive work environment.
~ On the Job Training - We prefer to promote from within!
Education, Experience & Training:
~ High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required.
~ Experience in production control processes and procedures a plus.
~ Computer knowledge required; Microsoft Office Products; Word, Excel, etc.
~ On the job training will be provided to expand knowledge and help ensure position expectations are satisfied.
~ Mathematical Skills - Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers,
common fractions, and decimals.
Effectively lead assigned production team in order to help assure that we meet or exceed customer expectations for Amcon.
Results / Problem Solving:
To be successful in this position at Amcon
Successful Production Team Leads understand that their purpose in the organization encompasses more than just the position elements presented in this job description. We must work together as problem solvers in order to achieve acceptable results and support our business objectives.
First and foremost an Amcon Team Leader must be and effective LEADER. He/she must exhibit strong command and control for the operation areas they lead, they must continuously interact with the people they lead, ask questions, effectively follow-up and remove operational roadblocks that arise. Leadership by example and by walking the department is the best method. He/she must Support team members in achieving key plant measures of: Safety, Quality, Customer Service & on-Time Shipping, 5S, PM Compliance, and Profitability.
Team Leads understand it is their responsibility to take a wide view of their assigned operations (e.g., department) and help ensure outcomes and results meet the expectations of internal and external customers as a whole. To always exercise their best judgment, with an emphasis on ‘Prevention First’ and continuous improvement; rather than a reactionary work environment. Amcon Team Leaders should constantly model the behaviors, work ethics and results that we value and expect from all team members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The primary objectives and focus of this position are
1. Support team members in achieving key plant measures of: Safety, Quality, Customer Service &
on-Time Shipping, 5S, PM Compliance, and Profitability.
2. Support, communicate, and enforce all safety programs and Amcon/State/Federal regulations to
promote a safe and productive work environment. Nothing is more important than safety.
3. Own the production schedule on their assigned line. Instill in all team members ownership of the
schedules and command and control on order to assure that all customer projects are completed
and shipped on time to the customer.
4. Team Leads are expected to work assigned overtime, which will periodically include working a
weekend shift to help ensure our customer’s needs are met or exceeded.
5. Maintain a high level of visibility with team members and use a hands-on approach to
communicate daily. Manage by walking around, asking questions and listening to the needs of
the people on assigned line.
6. Participate in and drive the 5s, Quality, and Continuous improvement programs to team members
through coaching and accountability.
7. Provide team members the work direction to meet the manufacturing due dates by following the
8. Promote teamwork by communicating with team members to meet daily goals and to provide
guidance to improve their performance.
9. Perform process quality inspections to ensure team members are meeting our customer’s
specifications and quality standards.
10. Provide coaching and training to team members to meet and improve operation run and set-up
times based on each orders quoted run times (Time Measured Units - TMU’s).
11. Analyze and assist team members in solving manufacturing issues for long term corrective action.
12. Provide team members’ with feedback on their daily performance. Using documented ‘Coaching
Events’ to train, motivate and ensure direct reports meet position expectations.
13. Ensure that formal annual performance evaluations for direct reports are documented on
company forms, are effective and completed on time per company policy.
14. When necessary due to a direct report’s performance problems, or unacceptable behavior and/or
conduct, Team Leads are expected to follow company procedures in order to apply appropriate
15. Provide supervisors with daily feedback on team members and work center performance.
16. Coordinate with supervisors and other leads to solve problems and maximize labor resources.
17. Follow all work direction from Supervisors or Management. Including miscellaneous duties and
tasks, as assigned, to support production goals and commitment to customer satisfaction.
Marginal Functions: In support of business objectives, conditions and necessity - employees may be
assigned to other areas or departments from time to time. Other work related
tasks, functions or projects may be assigned.
Skills / Knowledge Requirements:
The skills needed to perform at a high level are:
1. Ability to write, read and verbally communicate in English as all Company information is communicated to
employees in English.
2. Must possess excellent communication skills. Listen effectively, take notes, and exercise timely and effective follow-up.
3. Ability to LEAD a team of people – to be actively involved with the team in a hands on fashion
4. Handle and prioritize multiple activities throughout the day; constant multitasking.
5. Ability to operate machines, in assigned area of responsibility, by following machine operator work instructions, standard operating procedures, safe operation and all other documented work instructions
6. Ability to train others.
7. Ability to read manufacturing prints/drawings
8. Our market niche requires us to respond quickly and accurately to all internal and external customer needs, in all areas of the company.