Join us on our mission to provide the safest and most efficient deicing services to our airline partners.
Company: Integrated Deicing Services
We are currently providing an opportunity for a well-rounded, detail oriented and focused professional to join our team in the position of Fleet Mechanic responsible for the safe and cost-effective repair of our airside equipment at MSP International Airport.
Benefits you will receive:
• $300 Referral Program (No Limit!)
• Medical/Dental/Vision/401(K) w/matching
• 2 weeks’ vacation
• Paid Holidays
• Employer Paid Life Insurance
• Employer Paid Long Term Disability Insurance
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Employee Discount Program
• Overtime available during peak-season!
Check out what our maintenance department is up to in the video below to see if you can envision yourself as the newest member of our IDS team!!
Why this role is important for our work:
Winter weather can adversely affect the performance of aircraft, making flight unsafe for passengers and flight crews. Our job is to remove winter contaminants from aircraft prior to flight, getting everyone on board to their destination safely and on time. In order to provide this service to our customers, we need a set of skilled Mechanics to ensure equipment is ready and safe to operate! This position is an integral part of our commitment to safety here at IDS.
What you will be responsible for:
• Perform mechanical repairs to all IDS equipment, to include independent diagnosis and repair of engines, transmissions, differentials, electrical, hydraulic systems, brake repair and replacement, pump repair and/or replacement, etc.
• Maintain complete and accurate maintenance records and conduct scheduled and unscheduled inspections to equipment to keep in a safe and operational condition at all times.
• Communicate daily with team members to ensure that all are informed about equipment status and expected outcome from the next shift on maintenance items that are outstanding.
What we are looking for:
• HS Diploma or completion of GED and professional experience.
• Must be 18 years or older
• Valid US driver's license
• Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without requiring sponsorship for employment visa status, now or in the future.
• 1 year of previous experience performing general mechanical repairs required; 3 years preferred. 1 year of heavy truck/equipment preferred.
• Must possess basic hand tools and toolbox common to the trade up to 1/2" drive.
• Working knowledge of manuals, schematics, and diagnostic tools.
• Knowledge of fluid types, diesel-powered machines, and tools including their designs, uses repair and maintenance.
• Prior experience with information inputting into a CMMS system.
• Previous fleet or dealership work experience.
• Experience with mobile field service trucks and associated equipment.
• Direct working knowledge of air brakes and electrical/hydraulic systems.
• ASE or manufacturer certifications highly desirable.
• Exposure to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
• The noise level in the work environment is excessive at times.
• The Inland Group of Companies is comprised of IDS, Inland Technologies, and Quantem Aviation Services. We offer a full range of airport and airline services, from aircraft deicing and spent ADF recovery to cargo and passenger handling. Our objective is to work continuously to develop services and programs that better meet our customers’ operational needs.