compensation: To be discussed.
employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Presbyterian Homes & Services Foundation is seeking a Full Time, Gift Planning Officer - Major and Planned Gifts.
This Gift Planning Officer position will support communities located in Western Suburbs, Twin Cities.
The Gift Planning Officer reports to the VP, Presbyterian Homes Foundation
The Presbyterian Homes Foundation (PHF) is seeking a professional who must embody and reflect the values of PHS and be enthusiastic about and committed to its mission, Christian culture and vision. The ideal candidate will be self-directed, experienced in establishing trusting relationships, and deeply passionate about “honoring God by enriching the lives and touching the hearts of older adults.” Preference will be given to candidates who have the ability to identify, qualify, engage, and invite individuals to invest in advancing the mission of PHS. This professional must be comfortable initiating relationships and moving a relationship thru cultivation to closing a charitable gift, as well as reaching established goals. Previous experience in planned giving desired. The Foundation Office is located in Roseville, MN but primary satellite office is in Wayzata, MN.
• Demonstrated passion for fund development and specifically the work of a gift planner.
• Minimum of five years of experience working with major/planned gift donors.
• Ability to use a robust database (Raiser’s Edge) to manage progress with donors.
• Experience developing meaningful relationships with prospective donors to advance the mission of PHS.
• Demonstrate both strong written and oral communication.
• Experience organizing and executing project campaigns including identifying donors for small campaign committees is highly desired.
• Quiet presence, keen listener, positive attitude, and strategic thinker.
• Self-starter and finisher who is creative and focused, as well as collaborative across all levels of the organization.
• Clear evidence of leadership success including the ability to manage competing and complex priorities.
• Effective engagement with colleagues and proven problem-solving skills.
• Well-organized, with demonstrated ability to convey genuine enthusiasm about mission and vision.
• Ability to execute against plan and make adjustments, when necessary.
• Strong professional initiative, persistence and confidence.
• Ability to manage work with limited staff support.
• Knowledge of, and experience in, senior housing and long-term health care is beneficial.
• Comprehensive understanding of IRS rules related to all types of charitable gifts.
• B.A./B.S. degree; and CFRE certification or advanced degree preferred.
Presbyterian Homes & Services (PHS), based in St. Paul, Minnesota, is a non-profit, faith-based organization providing a broad array of high quality housing choices, care and service options for older adults. 6,400 employees serve 25,000 older adults through 45 PHS-affiliated senior living communities in Minnesota, Wisconsin and Iowa, and through Optage® home and community services. Established in 1955, PHS has earned the reputation as an innovative leader concerned with promoting independence, vitality and well-being for those they serve.
We believe employees are the most important resource in our ministry and we are committed to an environment where employees are valued and empowered to make a difference. With a strong commitment to grow our employees from within, the development opportunities with us are virtually unlimited. We offer competitive wages, opportunities for advancement, ongoing training, and incredible benefits like education assistance and nursing loan forgiveness.
If you have a desire to honor God by enriching the lives and touching the hearts of older adults, consider answering the call and join our team.
PHS is an EEO/AA employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, or status with regard to public assistance.