DIRECT CARE STAFF
Job Objective: To support developmentally disabled individuals in their development of basic living and social skills with the primary goal of integrating them into the community to the best of their ability.
1. Develop service recipient’s basic living skills (e.g., social, domestic, and hygiene) through instruction and encouragement.
2. Assist and document the development and implementation of long and short-term goals for service recipient, as developed by the Personal Support Team under the supervision or direction of the Program Coordinator.
3. Develop and maintain a positive and effective relationship with service recipients, families, and staff.
4. Perform or assist service recipient with personal hygiene as needed (e.g., bathing, brushing teeth, shaving, nail clipping, dressing, bodily functions, and service recipient appearance). Personal care services that are assigned by a health professional may include observation, reporting and documentation of changes in the status of the person or in body functions. This may include reading and recording the persons temperature, pulse and respirations and other needed personal care services.
5. Perform or assist service recipient in basic domestic duties as needed (e.g., cooking, cleaning, laundry, shopping).
6. Coordinate service recipient’s participation in leisure and recreational activities.
7. Maintain records and complete paperwork as required) (medication logs, service recipient progress, Incident Reports and goal data).
8. Adhere to service recipient's behavior and health management plans (e.g., administration of medication, use of behavior modification techniques, dietary restrictions).
9. Maintain a safe environment for the service recipient; prevent harm to service recipient, self, and others.
Report any safety concerns to management in a timely manner.
10. If required, transport service recipient to and from work, and recreational activities in a safe and timely manner.
11. Serve as a good role model to service recipient.
12. Maintain current certification as required (e.g., CPR, First Aid, Medication certification, Lifting & Transferring training, Behavior training, Blood borne Pathogens, and all other procedures, or service recipient’s specific needs).
We will provide all the training classes required.
OK for recruiters to contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers