Grandma's Place Overview
Grandma's Place provides independent apartment living and customized services for individuals who are high functioning with intellectual disabilities, or with chronic persistent mental illness, or have a brain injury, and who may or may not have substance abuse/misuse barriers. We build strong relationships with our clients, while providing valuable services to help clients lead more independent lives. We are committed to supporting individuals in developing independent living skills in their own apartment. We currently operate three apartment complexes located in Crystal.
Health Service Technicians (HST) play a crucial role in providing a high level of quality care for clients. HSTs provide direct care services to about 20-30+ clients at an apartment complex. HSTs build strong relationships with clients, while providing Independent Living Skill (ILS) services to help clients lead more independent lives.
• Providing client services in accordance with plan of care
• Documenting in accordance with client plan of care
• Ensuring client satisfaction with services
Examples of Position Duties
o Working with clients to provide basic home care services
o Menu planning
o Grocery/Personal shopping
o Meal preparation
o Transporting clients in personal vehicles
o Socialization and activities
o Money Management
o Prompts and Reminders with hygiene, bathing, and dressing
o Working with clients to provide comprehensive home care services
o Accurately administer medications and complete health care procedures following prescribed orders
o Delegated nursing tasks as directed by the Site Registered Nurse
o Working with clients to provide behavioral, mental or cognitive services
o Decision making
o Appropriate and safe boundaries
o Communicating with Site Services Manager and Site Registered Nurse concerning client's needs and
progress, and changes
o Adhere to professional standards and core values, follow policies and procedures, and abide by federal, state
and local requirements
o Documenting client progress and services
o Other duties as assigned
• Share Grandma's Place core values of: Servant's Heart, Teamwork, Continuous Improvement, Get things
done, Do the Right Thing, and The Right Attitude
• Be 18 years of age or older
• Completed and acceptable background study
• Completed and clear TB screening
• Ability to effectively communicate using English in both verbal and written communications.
• Proven success making sound independent decisions.
• Must be able to effectively navigate the internet, Office, and use email
• One year of experience administering medication in a health care or human services setting
• Two years of experience as a personal care assist or home health aide.
• 6 months previous Independent Living Skills experience.
• Must possess exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail and able to prioritize.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities