Hansen Thorp Pellinen Olson, Inc. (HTPO) is looking for a Land Surveyor-in-Training (LSIT)
Are you working toward becoming a licensed land surveyor? Do you love variety and challenges? Do you want to work in a small business atmosphere with a high-quality team of surveyors? HTPO has an exciting opportunity for you. This position will be responsible for preparing maps from field data using AutoCAD Civil 3D for the Land Surveying and Engineering departments.
In a typical week you may:
• Draft and compute a wide variety of surveys including boundary, topographic, and ALTA/NSPS land title surveys, subdivision plats, and right of way and easement surveys
• Utilize property research skills
• Write legal descriptions
• Prepare construction computations for survey crews
• Work on a field crew for topography or construction staking
• Communicate with clients and project team
You need to have:
• A minimum of three years’ experience in land surveying
• Completion of or near completion of a bachelor’s degree from a four-year land surveying curriculum
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Great organizational skills and attention to detail
• Strong math computation skills
• Proficient computer skills including AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or MicroStation
• A desire to go above and beyond to meet the needs of our clients
• A basic understanding of GPS and Total Station measuring concepts
This job is for you if you:
• Pride yourself in quality work
• Believe in honesty and integrity
• Want to continually learn and grow
• Need autonomy and flexibility in your workplace
• Are ready to dig in and build relationships with team members and clients
• Want to work for an organization that values their team members
• Are looking for an opportunity that offers potential for growth and advancement
Interested? Learn more about us by visiting our website at www.htpo.com. Our careers page has a link to our job application.
HTPO is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers