We are a nation-wide staffing agency seeking staff to administer surveys to riders on Metro Transit buses and trains.
The Metropolitan Council is conducting an On-Board Rider Survey on Metro Transit bus and rail routes to collect rider information. The survey will help improve overall public transportation in the area by using the collected data in planning and forecasting.
POSITION TITLE: Interviewer/Surveyor
We are seeking staff to work Monday-Thursday for four-five weeks.
Shifts will start between 5am and 7am and will end between 1pm and 2:30pm.
MANDATORY PAID TRAINING – Monday, September 27, 2021 – 10:00am-5:00pm (downtown Minneapolis)
PAY: $18.00 per hour + weekly cash bonuses for high performers (paid weekly via direct deposit)
Interviewers will report to their assigned report locations throughout Minneapolis / St. Paul region. Report Locations will be at various Transit Centers (mainly downtown Minneapolis) all accessible by either the Blue or Green Line (all stations will be utilized with the number of buses in the transportation network) and a handful of individual bus stops.
Key Report Locations will be:
• Ramp B 5th Street Transit Center Downtown
• 7th Street Transit Center Downtown
• Various other locations
Interviewers will board their assigned bus or rail vehicle and approach passengers to ask them to take part in a 5-6-minute survey. The surveyor asks the passenger all questions and enters their answer using a tablet device.
The survey questions include:
• The passengers home address (mapped on the tablet using a Google API mapping function)
• Where/what type of place is the passenger coming from and where are they going.
• Which stop the passenger got on at, and where they will get off during this one-way trip
• If the passenger used any other buses on the trip they are taking (transfer routes).
• Demographic questions relating to income, ethnicity, employment, etc.
At the end of each shift, staff will return to their location and return equipment, receive supervisor feedback, and receive a report time and location for the following day.
• Must be punctual and reliable.
• Must be able to communicate with strangers (Bus Passengers)
• Must be a regular user of smart phones/tablets.
• Must possess knowledge of Google maps
• Must be able to stand on your feet on board a moving bus for up to 7 - 8 hours
• Must be comfortable asking personal travel and demographic questions
• Must be comfortable waiting outside at bus stops near the Hennepin and 7th street area after getting equipment.
TO APPLY: Reply with your complete contact information (email address, working cell phone number) and confirmation that you can work Monday-Thursday for the next four to five weeks. A recruiter will reach out to schedule a phone interview.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers