Project for Pride in Living (PPL) offers free training programs and job shadows to increase job skills, and assist in obtaining a job in different sectors.
QR Code Link to This Post
Want to improve your office-based soft skills, while getting access to hands-on experience with the State of Minnesota, City of St. Paul, or University of Minnesota? Join PPL’s Public Sector Administration + program!
This 6-week training program is a great opportunity to sharpen your soft skills and workplace professionalism. It is also a great program if you need some assistance building up your computer skills. Students will receive classroom training in effective communication, conflict management, team building, workplace diversity, and more! You’ll also have the opportunity to hear directly from our public sector employer partners about what they look for in applications and interviews. A two-week job shadow with our employer partners is provided! Previous job shadows have been in an Office Administrative Support capacity at the MN Department of Education, Department of Natural Resources, and Department of Human Rights. Join our program to expand your current professional network, and learn necessary skills for success in today’s workplace!
Current spots are limited, so start the application process today!
• Class begins April 22nd and runs through May 31st, 2019.
• Class meets Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
• A monetary award of $100 is given upon successful completion of the program.
• 12 months of employment specialist support, along with one-on-one financial coaching, are included.
• High School Diploma or GED required
• Candidates must have 6 months work experience in a clerical/office capacity within the past 7 years. (*Please contact us if you’re unsure if your work experience counts!*)
• Must be able to pass a clerical assessment of your typing speed & basic computer skills assessment
• Pass a Criminal Background Check
Please come to our one-hour Information Session held every Monday at 9:00 a.m. No appointment is necessary and please be early or on time to secure your spot. If you cannot make the information session, or if you have any questions, please call show contact info
. We are located at 1021 E Franklin Ave Avenue South Minneapolis, MN.
The PPL Career Center
1021 E Franklin Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55404