SUMMARY: Maintain, repair, troubleshoot and install a wide variety of production line and building equipment for a flexible pouch filling plant. Responsible directly for fabrication of parts and equipment: Machining, work with lathe, mills, grinding equipment to produce precision measured parts. Follow written and verbal instructions to insure quality and efficient, timely repairs of production equipment. Assumes responsibilities for all the plant’s equipment maintenance, repair, safety, quality and effective communication relevant to shift and plant performance. This position is also responsible for food safety and quality procedures in order to maintain a quality and safe product.
QR Code Link to This Post
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work from equipment manuals, work orders, and verbal instructions to maintain plant production and building equipment.
• Perform preventive maintenance and repairs on plant equipment.
• Troubleshoot and resolve basic to complex operating difficulties involving plant equipment.
• Accurately prepare and maintain all necessary paperwork.
• Be able to use and maintain the necessary tools required to ensure proper repair of plant equipment.
• Respond to emergency calls on other shifts.
• Fill in for vacations on nights, weekends and days when necessary for other maintenance team members.
• Be on call nights and weekends to assist in any major mechanical problems.
• Must be able to learn to operate all production equipment.
• Be able to use all shop equipment to fabricate or repair production equipment.
• Use CMMS system and log sheets to accurately and in great detail record work that has been performed on a daily basis.
• Basic responsibilities handling electronic devices within the plant and on plant equipment.
• Follow all plant safety rules.
• Report all accidents & near misses to the Maintenance Manager.
• Serve an active role in the plant safety program by attending safety meetings, participating in monthly safety inspections and reporting any potential safety hazards to the safety committee or Maintenance Manager.
• Follow all shop safety rules and maintain all personal safety equipment.
• Wear proper safety equipment related to the task.
• Adhere to all Quality Assurance System guidelines.
• Ensure that all machine adjustments and repairs do not adversely affect the proper operation of equipment and quality of finished product.
• Be responsible for accurate documentation.
• Work with the Maintenance Manager and production personnel to monitor the operational efficiencies of equipment and actively seek ways to improve plant productivity and lower production and maintenance costs.
• Maintain a clean and organized work area. Cooperate with other shifts and the management team in housekeeping endeavors.
• Other duties as assigned
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Promote and contribute to the development of teamwork among maintenance team members. Assist in coaching and training employees as requested by the Maintenance Manager.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EXPERIENCE/JOB REQUIREMENTS: Experience with high-speed packaging and filling equipment required. High School diploma or equivalent is required. 1 to 2 years trade school in related field preferred. Strong electrical and mechanical troubleshooting skills are required. Food industry experience and knowledge of GMP’s is preferred. Strong background in welding and fabricating stainless steel and other metals and good working knowledge of pneumatic, hydraulic, mechanical, and electronic devices is required. A working knowledge of PLC’s and related components is preferred. Able to use a computer to enter, store, retrieve and generate data for work orders and preventive maintenance system. Must be detail oriented. Good communication and interpersonal skills are required. Must be able to pass a forklift drivers test.
LANGUAGE/COMMUNICATION SKILLS: A person in this position must possess the ability to read and write and the ability to speak English, if applicable. As a member of the maintenance team, ensure the effective shift communication between oncoming and departing maintenance shifts. Maintain effective communication with Maintenance Manager. Maintain effective communication with production personnel and other support groups.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to lift 60 pounds. The employee is required to stand and walk. The employee is required to sit. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.