Education: High School
Job Related Experience: 5+ years Parts Sales/3 years Management experience
Supervision Given: All Parts Dept. Staff
The Parts Manager is responsible for the profitable operation, the efficient use of personnel, and the efficient use of the physical facilities of the Parts Department. Also responsible for the marketing of the Parts Department. The timely supplying of parts and assures that the physical facilities are clean and maintained in a presentable and orderly fashion and pleasing to the “eye”. The Parts Manager shall delegate duties for the efficient and profitable operation of the department.
• Profitable operation.
• Assures that all necessary record keeping is done accurately and on a timely basis. Daily meeting with
• Communicating goals daily, weekly, and monthly with Assistant Parts Manager.
• Develop, implement and maintain a system of inventory control and monitor accuracy.
• Make maximum use of available parts department space and personnel.
• Establish parts pricing policies subject to the approval of the president.
• Delegate duties for the efficient and profitable operation of the Parts Department.
• Manage the year end physical inventory and ongoing cycle counts.
• Schedule parts staffing with the Assisatant Parts manager to maximize selling time and customer service and minimize personnel expenses.
• Perform other special projects as required, anytime.
• Recruit and select subordinate personnel, perform timely evaluations and recommend and implement pay and/or status changes.
Responsible for the following delegated levels.
• Monitor inventories for accuracy monthly.*Orientation and training of all subordinate personnel.
• Determining systematic reorder points for all parts in stock.
• Analysis vendors and suppliers to determine where best products and prices can be obtained.
• Supervise so that counter service is available for GATR mechanics and outside customers.
• Expedite the ordering of parts not in stock, to obtain them as quickly as possible.
• Strive for harmony and teamwork with all other departments.
• Attend manager meetings as requested.
• Resolve customer complaints.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers