QR Code Link to This Post
Supplier Development Engineer
Develop a world class supply chain through the execution of continuous improvement, problem solving tools and training within our companies supply chain.
- Identify and evaluate strategic suppliers and execute continuous improvement projects and/or training utilizing Lean Six Sigma principles to achieve world class supplier performance in Safety, Quality, Delivery and total cost of ownership.
- Prioritize multiple tasks and identify internal and external resource needs for timely execution of projects and issue resolution within the supply base.
- Identify and monitor supply chain KPI’s that are aligned with supply chain strategic needs.
- Influence new product designs and supply chain processes to meet quality, delivery and cost targets utilizing APQP tools.
- Mitigate risks from supplier product or process change requests.
- Identify world class supply chain process/product techniques and technologies to leverage within our internal organization as well as our supply chain while maintaining the intellectual properties of our supply base.
- Perform supply base quality systems, process, capability and capacity audits.
- Engineering- Bachelor’s Degree, allow equivalent.
- 3-5 years of experience.
- Design Engineering, Manufacturing, and\or Quality Assurance experience.
- Project management skills.
- Knowledge and ability to apply quality tools and techniques (APQP, PPAP, SPC, MSA, 8D, DMAIC, etc.)
- Quality audit experience (systems and process).
- Good verbal and written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Must be a self-starter.
- 40 - 50% travel.
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer