This is a standard issue wool field "Ike" jacket that was owned by Staff Sergeant Faber L. Harold. He was a member of the 9th Air Force. IX Fighter Command was the primary tactical fighter air arm of Ninth Air Force in the Western Desert Campaign in North Africa during 1942-1943. Reassigned to England, it became the dominant tactical air force over the skies of Western Europe during the 1944 Battle of Normandy and the Western Allied invasion of Germany in 1945.
QR Code Link to This Post
This uniform is issue #55-J-384-640 size 38 Regular and was manufactured on June 12th, 1944 by Cape Ann Manufacturing Co. This coat is in excellent condition; it was well taken care of and has all of its original buttons and snaps. Found in the right top pocket was an original 1946 American Legion memorial poppy.
Patches & Pins on Jacket:
- "US" - Enlisted Man pin (lapel)
- Propeller - Air Forces pin (lapel)
- Ruptured Duck patch - Honorable Discharge (right chest)
- 4 time European Campaign Ribbon +3 stars (left chest)
- Good Conduct ribbon (left chest)
- WWII Victory Medal ribbon (left chest)
- Original 9th Army Air Force patch (left arm)
- Staff Sergeant stripes (L & R arms)
- 3 years overseas stripes (left arm)
- 3 years service stripe (left arm)
Find this unique jacket along with other WWII uniforms in our Blaine store:
Aviation Aircraft Airplane WWII World War 2 Warbird Uniform Collectable Army Air Corp Enlisted